Chicago Meat Authority (CMA) is proud to have celebrated 28 years in the food industry. Located in Chicago’s historic Stockyards, CMA is a forward thinking processor of value added beef, pork, and poultry items with a strong focus on selling the Healthcare, Hotel, and Institutional Markets (HRI), meat purveyors, and Multi-unit regional and national chains up to and including big box stores. In addition, CMA specializes in custom cuts for further processors including but not limited to grinding operations, deli manufacturers, and the prepared entrée market.
CMA is seeking a Vice President of Human Resources/Organizational Development that is highly motivated, detailed-oriented, strong time management skills, and the ability to follow guidelines and procedures consistently. This individual will be responsible for the creation and implementation of policy, programs, training, staff development and performance metrics that will facilitate constructive and positive growth, support a strong recruiting and retentions strategy, ensure regulatory compliance and increase the effectiveness of the organizational culture.
- Develop, implement and facilitate cultural change initiatives that will enable organizational growth.
- Develop and implement formal and informal training programs for all staff including new hires, management/supervisors, etc. that will support CMA’s mission and its vision to be A Model Employer in Our Industry.
- Provide staff development consultancy using training and coaching to create a high performing culture.
- Provide leadership and consulting support to company executives and management on matters of goal setting, performance management, policy development and strategic implementation in support of corporate objectives and business growth.
- Drive the performance management process through goal-setting and the creation of performance metrics.
- Develop and implement employment procedures, policies and programs that will enable the organization to attract and retain high caliber employees.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Human Resources and Organizational Development.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience.
- 5+ years of experience in leadership and management training.
- 5+ years of experience in Organizational Development.
- Must have excellent verbal, written communication, multi-tasking, organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have strong time management skills, attention to detail, deadline driven and the ability to prioritize work in a fast paced environment.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times about all HR related information.
- Microsoft Office, Word and Excel at a proficient level.
Chicago Meat Authority, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here:
The pay transparency policy is available here:
Chicago Meat Authority, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.