Chicago Meat Authority (CMA) is proud to have celebrated 28 years in the food industry. Located in Chicago’s historic Stockyards, CMA is a forward thinking processor of value added beef, pork and poultry items with a strong focus on selling the Healthcare, Hotel and Institutional Markets (HRI), meat purveyors, and multi-unit regional and national chains up to and including big box stores. In addition, CMA specializes in custom cuts for further processors including but not limited to grinding operations, deli manufacturers and the prepared entrée market.
CMA is seeking an individual who wants to connect quickly with people in a poised, convincing and enthusiastic manner. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual seeking variety and challenges to a wide variety of sales activities with multiple projects occurring simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
The position requires working in a motivating and collaborative style within the organization to complete tasks. The individual will work closely with the Operations team to deliver product that meets the customer’s exact specifications and time frame promised.
- Manage, service and grow current customers
- Manage orders and deliveries
- Sell meat to further processors
- Sell trim and fall-off items
- Export sales
- Provide excellent customer service to all CMA customers
- Support the Sales team in all functions
- Any and all duties as assigned
Capabilities and Experience
- Strong networking skills, including a passion for meeting people and for relationship building that delivers strategic results
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task, organizing own workload to maintain high quality and output while achieving set deadlines and targets.
- Perform as an aggressive self-starter with high energy level and strong work ethic
- Leads with integrity, is reliable, trustworthy, mature and self-confident
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work industry hours
- Bachelor’s degree or successful sales prospecting, sales development and account management experience
- Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel at an intermediate level
- Fresh meat sales experience
Chicago Meat Authority, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here:
The pay transparency policy is available here:
Chicago Meat Authority, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.