Chicago Meat Authority (CMA) is proud to have celebrated 28 years in the food industry. Located in Chicago’s historic Stockyards, CMA is a forward thinking processor of value added beef, pork, and poultry items with a strong focus on selling the Healthcare, Hotel, and Institutional Markets (HRI), meat purveyors, and Multi-unit regional and national chains up to and including big box stores. In addition, CMA specializes in custom cuts for further processors including but not limited to grinding operations, deli manufacturers, and the prepared entrée market.
CMA is seeking an individual that is highly motivated, results oriented, and enjoys working in a fast paced environment. This person will be responsible for developing, managing, and guiding sales activities.
The position requires someone who is self-confident with an extroverted style that can enliven, engage and positively impact individuals and groups. Possessing confidence with an engaging and emphatic communication style is essential.
Because goals and desired results can quickly change, the job requires regularly meeting and pro-actively establishing relationships with new groups. The ability to understand, quickly react and motivate others is a critical key to success.
- Create and manage sales plans to maximize gross profit.
- Recruit, manage and provide strategic leadership to the sales and marketing team.
- Profitably grow the CMA line, including prospecting and opening new distributors, national accounts, and regional chain accounts.
- Work with current CMA key customers to ensure relationship building and support sales.
- Network within the industry to identify new business opportunities.
- Provide direction and supervision for CMA’s marketing efforts, including strategic branding, and PR.
- Represent CMA at trade shows and events with a well-prepared, well-displayed booth.
- Champion CMA as a partner and with the ability to tell the CMA story.
- Any and all other duties as assigned.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Strong networking skills, including a passion for meeting people and for relationship building that delivers results.
- Leads with integrity, is reliable, trustworthy, mature and self-confident.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 15 years of comparable industry experience.
- Ability to travel up to 70% of the time.
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook at a proficient level.
Chicago Meat Authority, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available here:
The pay transparency policy is available here:
Chicago Meat Authority, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.